Other Conditions That Can Cause Back Pain
- Arthritis: You can have osteoarthritis which narrows the space around your spinal cord causing you to have an aching back.
- Scoliosis: This is a skeletal irregularity where your spine curves abnormally. The more severe of a curve the more likely you will experience back pain.
- Sciatica: Your sciatic nerve can get pinched in your lower vertebrae causing pain in your lower back and down your legs. Many women experience this during their pregnancy because of the extra weight and where the baby is positioned.
- Osteoporosis: This is a condition that breaks down your bones making them weak and brittle. The weakening of your bones can lead to fractures.
- Bulging discs: Also referred to as herniated disc, slip disc, or ruptured disc. This is when a disc is not aligned.